Thursday, September 27, 2007

Your Simply Amazing Stuck in My Head Song of the Day

This is another one of those simple yet powerful songs, with a musician and her guitar. It's by Ani DiFranco who wraps around my soul more and more each day. I don't know why this song, You Had Time affects me so much, maybe it's the fear of disappointing my friends with their hopes for me that the verse speaks to so truly and devastatingly
how can i go home
with nothing to say
i know you're going to look at me that way
and say what did you do out there
and what did you decide
you said you needed time
and you had time

I really wanna learn how to play this (and become generic in my uniqueness, but no matter.) This video actually begins halfway through the first verse but you don't miss much so here's Your Stuck in My Head Song of the Day- You Had Time by Ani DiFranco

You Had Time (mp3) buy Out of Range

and I didn't actually have this song in my head tonight but the lyrics fit in with the theme of tonight so perfectly I had to share it
It's In Or Out by Ani DiFranco:
guess there's something wrong with me
guess i don't fit in
no one wants to touch it
no one knows where to begin
i've got more than one membership
to more than one club
and i owe my life
to the people that i love

he looks me up and down
like he knows what time it is
like he's got my number
like he thinks it's his
he says,
call me, miss difranco,
if there's anything i can do
i say,
it's mr. difranco to you

some days the line i walk
turns out to be straight
other days the line tends to
deviate
i've got no criteria for sex or race
i just want to hear your voice
i just want to see your face

she looks me up and down
like she thinks that i'll mature
like she's got my number
like it belongs to her
she says,
call me, ms. difranco
if there's anything i can do
i say, i've got spots
i've got
stripes, too

their eyes are all asking
are you in, or are you out
and i think, oh man,
what is this about?
tonight you can't put me
up on any shelf
'cause i came here alone
i'm gonna leave by myself

i just want to show you
the way that i feel
and when i get tired
you can take the wheel
to me what's more important
is the person that i bring
not just getting to the same restaurant
and eating the same thing

guess there's something wrong with me
guess i don't fit in
no one wants to touch it
no one knows where to begin
i've more than one membership
to more than one club
and i owe my life to the people that i love

(see what I mean?)
so I'll post the mp3.
Ani DiFranco- In or Out (live)[mp3] buy Living in Clip

oh friday. I'm in love.

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: