Tuesday, September 25, 2007

The Joys of Lesbian Lit

totally self indulgent, but whatever.
I got a letter from Hubby with a necklace and so I feel like a horrible friend because I just can't finish the letter I've been working on for weeks and so tomorrow I'll probably try to finish in the next few days. But for some reason this evening I was in the mood for Gertrude Stein poetry and I came upon this and it touched me. It's from
Before the Flowers of Friendship Faded Friendship Faded

I love my love with a v
Because it is like that
I love my love with a b
Because I am beside that
A king.
I love my love with an a
Because she is a queen
I love my love and a a is the best of them
Think well and be a king,
Think more and think again
I love my love with a dress and a hat
I love my love and not with this or with that
I love my love with a y because she is my bride
I love her with a d because she is my love beside
Thank you for being there
Nobody has to care
Thank you for being here
Because you are not there.

And with and without me which is and without she she can be late and then and how and all around we think and found that it is time to cry she and I.


(source)

and now that I've scared away all new readers... ok back to regular slop.

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: