Thursday, September 13, 2007

Shana Tova Umetukah

I'm not Jewish but most of my friends are, ( i fondly remember that year of bar and bat mitzvahs) and so I say Happy New Year! Rosh Hashanah started last night at sundown and so we are now in the year 5768 (switching religions: the fastest and easiest way to time travel.) May you all have a good and sweet year.

Anyway though I don't know too much about Judaism (except some of the more mystical aspects like Merkabah that I learned about in a class) but I still wanted to celebrate and give you all a gift so here are some mp3s welcoming in the New Year. It is not even close to being in the same class as a definitive list, just a few that I had in my library, but if you know any other "New Year" songs let me know; I always love discovering new music.

ABBA-Happy New Year (download)
U2- New Year's Day (download)
Jeff Buckley- New Year's Prayer (download)
Death Cab for Cutie- The New Year (download)
Deacon Blue- Queen of the New Year (download)
Camera Obscura- Happy New Year (download)

(Download them all here as a .zip file.)

L'Chaim!

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: