Thursday, September 20, 2007

Your Simply Amazing Stuck in My Head Song of the Day

There is very little that I can say to express the beauty of, or my love for Antony..and the Johnsons (but I will try in a future BBE*) so I think I won't try especially right now.
This song is so so so beautiful and the lyrics are really what I feel on those occasions when I allow myself to feel, except couched in a vocabulary that is above me with reference points I can not yet achieve. But I can sadly and completely understand what Antony means when he sings "
In my cruel life God poisoned
I was born, born
Not a girl and not a jewel
I am, I am some son
I am some bum"


Anyway this is Your Simply Amazing Stuck in My Head Song of the Day- Antony and the Johnsons (with Devendra Barnhart)'s "Spiralling"


(The song that he goes into at the end is You Are My Sister; you can watch that performance here)

such beauty... ah. good night everyone.

Antony and the Johnsons (with Devendra Barnhart)- Spiralling [mp3] buy I Am a Bird Now

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: