Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Your Stuck in my Head Song of the Day

Today's been kind of a weird day and as usual my emotions have been all over the place and right now I'm hating my family and am rather sad yada yada bitch yada whine (and now in actual shocking news Chris Crocker is a top. Wow that surprised me a lot; who knew?) All in all I wish it were Friday.

But on with the show and today this song has been in my head since about the time I woke up this morning. It is from Andrew Bird and the name of the song is Sovay. The wordplay in this song is pretty sweet and very literate so I am equal parts impressed and jealous. I don't know actually what the song is about, but if I were to venture a guess just based on the lyrics it seems to be an anti-war anthem, with some of the imagery referencing that famous bombing scene in Apocalypse Now, though Sovay originally meant a folk ballad about a young woman who dresses as a highwaymen to test her lover, so who knows what I know. But no matter how ignorant or dumb I am it is still a great song by a phenomenal artist Andrew Bird. So here's Your Stuck in My Head Song of the Day- Andrew Bird's Sovay

Andrew Bird- Sovay (mp3)

good night, good night.

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: