Friday, September 28, 2007

Liquid Fantasies: Things that are too cool/trendy for me

but I still want to try; once it hits your lips and all...

  • I feel I would enjoy trying the new Stiletto Vodka, which is the first entirely female owned "spirit" company. And it's for charity "Stiletto Vodka will also donate 25 cents from each bottle sold to support breast cancer and an additional 25 cents to support the Emeril Lagasse Foundation, which helps fund education for lower income children." drinking for a good cause and fabulousness- I could get behind it. It's in available in a classic vodka flavour as well as chocolate, vanilla and mint.
  • The New York Times has published an article about the wonders of $10 or less wine, which is long overdue and greatly appreciated. I usually only spend between 10 and 15 dollars for a bottle and it's worked out well for me
  • though I may be behind the curve. They say Boxed Wine is the new bottled wine (although I still prefer my wine to come from a cube)
  • but Canned Wine is apparently the new Boxed Wine, which is the new Bottled Wine. Oh it's all so terribly confusing though because Wine Sorbet seems to be the newest of them all, made by Wine Cellar Sorbet. I think I want to the pinot noir or their sangria rojo. If only there was a story west of Appalachia...
  • Which doesn't really matter now that I have lost any tolerance for alcohol and I think I may be allergic. That might be a good thing though because a new study is reporting that all types of alcohol(beer-spirits and wine) boost the risk for breast cancer which seems horribly unfair. Especially if it could be imagined that one already had a high risk (genetically) they couldn't even drink away that pain.
  • But you don't have to drink to have fun at a bar. I am so so happy to find this listing of the best Pub Quizzes in the area. Last year I think my friends and I must have gone to like 3 pub quizzes a week because we were seniors and didn't care about work, we enjoyed drinking plus competition, and I have random freaky info stuck in my brain which worked out quite well. Now if only I could get the band back together; we could rule this town.

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: