Saturday, September 22, 2007

Sharing is Caring: On Water Falling From The Sky


I remember when I was interviewing for colleges, I think it was with the Harvard guy who asked me about a book I said I was writing at the time, or more specifically a scene I had that took place in a downpour. He asked me what was I using the rain to signify, I at the time was using it mostly cinematically but he spoke to the use of rain as a clearing or washing away motif.

Of course I had forgotten about that until like twenty minutes ago. I was just planning on posting this to honor the first "significant" rain that So Cal has apparently gotten in months and how I had forgotten how much I like the smell of the air right before it storms. And on that note here are some songs about god and the angels spitting on the earth, or as it is more commonly called, raining.

Neko Case- Buckets of Rain (mp3)
Bishop Allen- Rain (mp3)
Tim Buckley- I Don't Need it to Rain (mp3)
The Vines-Rainfall (mp3)
Albert Hammond- It Never Rains in Southern California (mp3)
The Carpenters- Rainy Days and Mondays (mp3)
Creedence Clearwater Revival- Who'll Stop The Rain (mp3)
Joni Mitchell- Rainy Night House (mp3)
Thom Yorke- And it Rained All Night (mp3)
Garbage- Only Happy When It Rains (mp3)
Travis- Why Does it Always Rain on Me? (mp3)
Happy Rhodes- When the Rain Came Down (mp3)
B.J. Thomas- Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head (mp3)
Led Zeppelin- The Rain Song (mp3)
Tori Amos-Purple Rain (mp3)
Red Hot Chili Peppers- Naked in the Rain (mp3)
Simon and Garfunkel-Flowers Never Bend With the Rainfall (mp3)
The Ramones- Have You Ever Seen the Rain? (mp3)
Juliette Lewis- Come Rain or Come Shine (mp3)
Ryan Adams- Damn, Sam (I Love a Woman that Rains) (mp3)
Dar Williams- The Beauty of The Rain (mp3)
Bob Dylan - A Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall (mp3)

wow that was way way more than I had planned on posting. I am too good to y'all. But sharing is caring :)

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: