Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Your Simply Amazing Stuck in My Head Song of the Day

Today was one of those days where my mind wasn't really focussed on music and so nothing really came for quite awhile. I spent much of today reading and the song that kept popping into my head, about one of the characters was 50 Cent's Wanksta. It makes sense in the context that I won't give, but it was still a song I really didn't want to post as your stuck in my head (I was also using the word "buster" a lot at that moment so that may tell you were I kind of was, stuck in my late 90's gangsta rap phase.My life is sordid I know)
But that all passed and later on in the day my iTunes randomly put on an absolute gem of a song that I haven't listened to in a criminally long time. The song is Made Up Love Song # 43 by the Guillemots and I remember in 2005 when I was in Rome finding this song and listening to it over and over and over again. I transcribed the lyrics to put in my profile, because I could not find them anywhere at that point, and they are so beautiful and really sum up the joy that one feels with that newly realized love. I was far from love at that point., but I still recognized the feeling.

I love you through sparks and shining dragons, I do,
Now there's poetry in an empty coke can.
I love you through sparks and shining dragons, I do,
Now there's majesty in a burnt out caravan.

You got me off the paper-round,
Just sprang out of the air.
The best things come from nowhere,
I love you I don't think you care.

I love you through sparks and shining dragons, I do,
And the symmetry in your northern grin.
I love you through sparks and shining dragons, I do,
I can see myself in the refill litterbin.

You got me off the sofa,
Just sprang out of the air.
The best things come from nowhere,
I can't believe you care.

This is one of those songs that I am especially fond of because its one of those bands I spread to my friends. Anyway there were two versions of this song, the official one and this one filmed on the streets of Paris. But since this song reminds me so much of Europe and my time there and I know Everlyn will love it so I think all around its the way to go. And plus tomorrow is the 1st Thursday of the month so I am thinking about what to write Hubby; I wish I could at any point in my life write something like this.

a domani

Guillemots- Made Up Love Song #43 (mp3)

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: