Wednesday, August 1, 2007

People to Whom I Would Say Eat Me,

though of course they wouldn't.
As I'm sure you have heard, a new and wacky trend has been bright to light by those new and wacky Kiwis ( I wonder how pissed off the old Zealanders are; no one ever hears of their plight) There are some true vegetarians (or vegans) who refuse to be sexually intimate with any non vegans , though looking at those in the picture it may not be a matter of choice (zing! and yes I know those in the pictures are fine and cool.) They do this because those pesky omnivores's bodies are "made of animal carcasses."
Look I have nothing against vegans or vegetarians, living in L.A. and going to University you can't help but now a ton of different people all with eating principles, rather for moral, religious or pure health related reasons so I'm quite fine with it. I even tried to be vegan for a month Freshmen year, just to see if I could do it ( I think I lost five pounds and at the end of it was craving a cheese pizza) but sometimes well intentioned pursuits become obnoxious moralizing. Sometimes the subtle judgements get really annoying and old (and plus they will never know the glory and splendor of places such as this)
And all these "vegansexuals," I was thinking about this, do they not do oral? Would they refuse to swallow? Do they not breastfeed? Can they even kiss (saliva is a delicacy in some parts of the world)? because such substances do come from an animal. In a life or death situation like in Alive would they or even nothing so severe but stranded somewhere in the middle of nowhere, would they eat an animal, or an animal byproduct in order to survive? Do their dietary restrictions only apply when they have the privilege to refuse? Are their morals weak enough to stand massive discomfort?
(sorry that seemed way angrier than I had originally planned. I actually do like vegans, just not the super super annoying and judgmental and self righteous ones, the ones that inspire sites such as these and t shirts like this.)
But speaking of sex an interesting study that was reported in the New York Times discovered "The Whys of Mating" which has found 237 reasons people... y' know, fuck like animals.
It's enlightening but also obvious; I think we all know why we... Here were some results-

Physical: “The person had beautiful eyes” or “a desirable body,” or “was good kisser” or “too physically attractive to resist.” Or “I wanted to achieve an orgasm.”

Goal Attainment: “I wanted to even the score with a cheating partner” or “break up a rival’s relationship” or “make money” or “be popular.” Or “because of a bet.”

Emotional: “I wanted to communicate at a deeper level” or “lift my partner’s spirits” or “say ‘Thank you.’ ” Or just because “the person was intelligent.”

Insecurity: “I felt like it was my duty” or “I wanted to boost my self-esteem” or “It was the only way my partner would spend time with me.”

I don't think they posted the whole list so I'm not sure if anyone ever actually said it but what about you were bored? that you just wanted something to do? I know I've thought about doing it just to pass the time (I'm not saying I have...necessarily...)

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: