Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Overlords Evil or Otherwise

That last post got me thinking about about a few links that I've had for a bit and I decided I could squeeze them in, right about here.

A Russian officer who recently died left his daughter something rather interesting in his will. Hitler's record collection which he found while conquering the bunker in '45. And though I don't know many of the songs, not being German or a 100 years old, I still think its interesting and makes me a little curious.

Here is the list in full:
  • Richard Wagner - ouverture of the Flying Dutchman performed by the orchestra of the Bayreuth Festival House
  • Modest Mussorgski - aria “Death of Boris Godunoff”, sung by the Russian bass Fjodor Schaljapin
  • Pyotr Tchaikovsky - one entire album with the star violinist Bronislaw Hubermann as soloist
  • Alexander Borodin
  • Sergei Rachmaninov
  • Austrian musician/singer Artur Schnabel (who left Germany in 1933 as he was Jewish)
  • I'll probably check out a few of these though I always freak out when I like something he liked share similarities to Adolph (and so I can't be a vegetarian on principle.) I mean I haven't listened to and refuse to listen to Wagner after learning about his antisemitism and his music being the soundtrack of the concentration camps (though I must admit I still want to see his Ring Cycle)

    And shouldn't it have been a bigger deal that Dubya's grandfather tried to organize a coup to overthrow the government?
    The coup was aimed at toppling President Franklin D Roosevelt with the help of half-a-million war veterans. The plotters, who were alleged to involve some of the most famous families in America, (owners of Heinz, Birds Eye, Goodtea, Maxwell Hse & George Bush’s Grandfather, Prescott) believed that their country should adopt the policies of Hitler and Mussolini to beat the great depression.
    It's shocking that this news has just recently been brought to light. I think if this news had been widely known in say 2000 it might have influenced 600 or so people to maybe switch their vote.I'm just guessing there but "fascist" and "coup" "overthrow" "white house" don't sit well with some people. I know the sins of the father shouldn't be revisited on the son but now it seems that fascism may have been an inherited trait. Like [grand]father, like [grand]son?

    Radar Online put together a piece on the Most Powerful People You've Never Heard Of, and these guys and their influence is a little scary. I mean shaping our lives without even knowing who they are; I wouldn't be surprised if they were like in the Bilderberg Group or on the Trilateral Commission (or another one of those cool secret powerful societies that I would kill to be a member of) And though I am, at times, wet for power, especially inherited power, they all sort of sppok me, though only some should, I gues. I would have to think about being any one of theirs daughter. (Though does anyone know a Rothschild, I could go for that.)

    Wonkette found this job listing for an entry level job at Gitmo to be basically a receptionists. it says its entry level and great for students but I have a quick question; how does someone who's applying for an entry level job, or is a student just starting out, how would they have the Top Secret Clearance that is required? How does one actually get one of those because if someone may age can get it quickly I am so in; hell I need a job.

    And finally today has started off kind of negative with all this talk of conspiracies and evil empires and overlords so I thought I'd start the second more sunshiny part of the day with this storya bout an overlord I would gladly following. On a beach in Dutchland, I mean the Netherlands a 2.5 meter (or about 8 feet) tall Lego Man was found floating and was brought onto shore. No one knows where it came from or why its there but I think its' awesome. I'm sure it is part of some kind of viral marketing campaign, it seems like everything is (who knows, I may be as well) but even though I'm not sure what they'd be hyping (LegoLand Amsterdam? imagine the rides there) I still think its really cool. And if these giant Lego People do start populating the Earth and enslaving our people, at least we all know how to take them apart.

    Sphere: Related Content

    No comments: