Tuesday, August 21, 2007

I'm Good Enough...

I think I may have found this on Huffington Post but I'm not sure. Wherever it was the tease got my attention "smart questions that will change your life" and so I bit. Anyway it seems to be a series of questions from some productivity or motivational type guy with questions that will make you refocus and think of your life in new ways. Or as it says in bold "will make you happier, more confident, more powerful and more succesful" I usually don't believe in that kind of jazz; daily affirmations seem a little too self help hippieish even for more, but as I have still to find a job and I feel like my life is wasting away in a desert of unfocused or unrealized dreams, what do I really have to lose.
Here's the list, you're supposed to pick 5-10 of them and put them in a familiar place so you can memorize and internalize them.

  1. What do I want to accomplish today?
  2. What is the most important thing I need to do today? (Do it first!)
  3. Is this the best use of my time right now?
  4. What am I trying to accomplish right now?
  5. What can I cross off my list by deleting or delegating? What is not important?
  6. What can I do right now to take the next leap instead of the next step?
  7. Who can I learn from today?
  8. Who can I thank today?
  9. What am I grateful for?
  10. How can I eliminate distractions right now?
  11. What are my top 3 current goals?
  12. What is most important to me in life?
  13. If the my world was going to end within one year, what would I be doing right now?
  14. What will I do today towards my major goals?
  15. What action can I take instead of worry right now?
  16. Who should I thank today?
  17. Who needs some love today?
  18. How can I be a kinder person today?
  19. How can I have more compassion today?
  20. What can I do right now to release negative energy in a positive way?
  21. What can I do to let go of my anger?
  22. How can I put worry on hold right now?
  23. How can I choose happiness right now?
  24. What can I do to slow down today?
  25. What am I learning right now?
  26. What beneficial routines can I start today?
  27. What will I do, see, explore, or experience today that is new?
  28. How and with whom can I partner today to make 1+1=3?
  29. How can I be more compassionate today?
  30. What will I celebrate today?
  31. Where did I find Joy today?
  32. What did I learn today?
  33. How will I “pay it forward” today?
  34. How will I make today great? How do I define great?
  35. What can I stop holding/clinging to help me break free?
  36. How can I let go with peace?
  37. Who can I help today?
  38. How can I add Peace to the world today?
  39. What’s the most powerful thing I can do right now, today to increase my business?
  40. What have I been avoiding that I can do today?
I still am not sold; it reminds me of Stuart Smalley,("I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and, doggonit, people like me!") but who knows. Maybe tomorrow when I wake up I'll start the process in my shower. At least it'll pass the time. I'll let you know

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: