Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Let Me Know if this is too Bitchy

Dear Christine,
I love you and everything; you were the unplanned impetus of me coming out to my mom (drunkenly of course) and so I've been on your side, brimming with pride for all of your successes, reading your blog and being happy for all of your good moments and joys. Even when it was revealed that your first sports reporting experience didn't go as well as you thought it did, I felt pain for you but was glad such thoughts didn't upset you.
And so keep all of that in mind, as well as the fact I love you like a sister...or aunt, when I tell you that the photo accompanying your blog, which you posed for and I assume approved of for dissemination is not a good look, not a good angle and not a good color. I don't mean to seem mean or rude, I know this is the fulfillment of a life long dream and the only thing that really matters is how you feel and if you're happy with it but...there wasn't a better photo? I mean I liked your last one, the setting of being in a park surrounded by trees gave off a more joyous vibe. This one? I blame the background and lighting, that atrocious dress or your eye makeup. I like your earrings though...And I don't know if it is just a byproduct of getting old, you are almost 50, but if that's the case I may have to live by the Who's original maxim. Non me piacianno le rughe) But the important thing is you're smiling...
All the best sweetie. Love,
Me
(ugh I feel like a young queen who expects to stay girlish and attractive forever And I know I sound like one, but for the time being I'll live with my delusions.)

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: