Friday, August 31, 2007

Duke Football: You Heard It Here First

College Football season started last night ( ?!) and watching it and the pregame shot of all the college kids tailgating I realized, seemingly for the first time that I'll never be in college again and in those tailgate situations I'll from now on be a sketchy old fart. It was sort of sad. But of course there are millions of people no longer in college who still enjoy those festivities in those settings so that made me happy. And in honor of that, and the fact the first Duke tailgate of the year (coinciding and competing with the actual game) is tomorrow I thought I should give you my predictions for our season this year. Of course what I'm going to say now may be biased and of course it is, and to be honest I just want us to win a game. But the future is now ( and according to SI there are 19 worse teams then us. #100 with a bullet!) And just to be clear and open I fully expect us to make a bowl game this year ( I don't care if I've thought the same thing for the last three years it's happening now) and, to a lesser degree, once again, I expect "The" Thaddeus Lewis to garner himself a lot of praise and be thought about in the Heisman race for next season. And when it all comes to past just remember who you heard it from first.
Here's the schedule with my predictions in italics

Sat, Sep 1st, 2007 Connecticut (win by 7. god I hate UCONN)
Sat, Sep 8th, 2007 at Virginia (UVA is a lot better than UCONN. We'll be underprepared. I Blame Ted Roof. We lose.)
Sat, Sep 15th, 2007 at Northwestern (win by 10. Northwestern; I'm not impressed)
Sat, Sep 22nd, 2007 at Navy ( their jets are really cool. But we run a guerilla style insurgent type game and we eventually sap their will. Allahu Akbar, that's a win.)
Sat, Sep 29th, 2007 at Miami (win on last second field goal. We should have won last year but we got hosed. This time we shock the world. No probably not. 4 road games in a row is tough, Though don't be surprised if we pull it out.)
Sat, Oct 6th, 2007 Wake Forest ( We should have won last year's game by like 30. We're a year older and we won't have those same mistakes. This is the game that gets Thaddeus national recognition. We win by 14.)
Sat, Oct 13th, 2007 Virginia Tech ( I mean I know I can't root against Va Tech but their team is so dirty and full of cheap shot artist. They are still better then us though. Bastards. We don't win.)
Sat, Oct 27th, 2007 at Florida State (we're this years Wake. They beat FSU last year in Doak Walker, so will we. Winner.)
Sat, Nov 3rd, 2007 Clemson (a classic let down game, though Clemson is no push over. I think Tommy will want revenge for us whupping his Daddy. He gets it. We don't win.)
Sat, Nov 10th, 2007 Georgia Tech ( we beat them a few years back and now they don't have Calvin Johnson. We win and clinch bowl eligibilty.)
Sat, Nov 17th, 2007 at Notre Dame (why did we schedule this game? I feel our team may be overwhelmed by the aura and the environment. We don't win.)
Sat, Nov 24th, 2007 at UNC (win by 4. GTHCGTHC. The Bell belongs with us. And we get into a bowl game. Sweet.)
Final record 7-5 (not including the bowl result.)
There you go people the 2007 Duke Football season in a nutshell.
Get excited people. DUKE FOOTBALL ( wooooooo!!!!!! god I hope we win a game)

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: