Monday, September 10, 2007

Good Luck,Chuck

Today Chuck Hagel, republican senator from Nebraska announced that he will not be seeking re-election. It kind of took my by surprise. There was a time when I actually would have supported him for president and actually kind of supported him as a potential VEEP. I didn't know much about him besides the fact he has a rugged western dignified look, he's a Viet Nam vet, Gweeb doesn't really like him and he speaks truth to power with a bad ass appeal.Then I actually checked his voting record at On the Issues. org, which may become one of my favorite sites, and he is mad conservative. Kind of shocked me- he's one of those closet arch conservatives (see McCain in 2000)
But I still like him- I mean c'mon how awesome and how truthful, passionate, powerful and right is he in this speech from January? No one else, Republican or Democrats had the balls to say this stuff so bluntly, cutting through all the bullshit, besides him (and why do I not have C-Span 3)
I could never hate him after that speech. (and sadly all that he was saying is too true 8 months later.) So good luck in whatever you do from here on out, except if you stump for a republican replacement for your seat. The Dems need that seat. Come back Bob.

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: