Monday, September 10, 2007

Your Simply Amazing Stuck in My Head Song of the Day

Today, and for most of the weekend actually, I've had this song stuck in my head, or in close proximity. It is by a pretty under appreciated band in the States, it seems, The Stone Roses.
The song is I Am the Resurrection, according to NME the 8th Greatest Indie Anthem Ever (whatever that means, if it means anything with songs from The Libertines and the Strokes so high.)
Reading the lyrics I realized I only ever knew half of the words to the chorus
I don't care where you've been or what you plan to do/
I am the resurrection and I am the light
but those are really the crux of the song, obvi. And I've come to realize my interpretations of songs is a little too optimistic at times; I assumed this song, or I felt it was one about glorifying one's self. Though it seems a lot of the lyrics are a kiss-off to someone, which is apparently a truer interpretation. I really haven't been in "f-off" mood, or really the optimistic confident badass mood I feel whenever I tend to sing the words (I know) out loud (actually the complete opposite), but it's one of those things where you don't know what sparked it or where the seed comes from but it implants itself firmly. Or it might have played on my iTunes. Either way it is a phenomenal song by a great band, with a great instrumental outro (fun word). This is a live version from a 1989 performance in Blackpool. I Am the Resurrection by The Stone Roses- your simply amazing stuck in my head song of the day.


God I heart the Brits and their pop. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

The Stone Roses-I Am The Resurrection (download)

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: