Thursday, September 6, 2007

Your Stuck in my Head Song of the Day

I can't believe that I haven't mentioned one of the queer loves of my life ( though he may be more femme than I. oh wait no; i have boobs. ) Rufus Wainwright, even once on this site. Sort of shocking. He is incredibly fabulous and amazing ( if for some reason you did not know that.( Anyway the song is April Fools and I really just have been thinking of the " And you will believe in love and all that it's supposed to be" which is quite beautiful, never remembering the next lines " but just until the fish start to smile and you're struck down by a hammer." (you can read the rest of the lyrics which I never learned here though I have wondered if there are clouds in hell. I'm guessing no but I'm saying yeah.) Here's the official video which Universal won't let me embed (bastards) but that is actually the first Rufus song or video I remember hearing , or seeing (which I had actually been looking for for awhile) and it has a quick cameo by Gwen Stefani. But here's an acoustic live version with Rufus and his equally fabulous sister Martha Wainwright:

But when you wake up it will be Friday. That is so exciting, Nightie Night

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: