Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Your Stuck in my Head Song of the Day

Your stuck in my head song of the day comes from Laura Veir's newest cd Saltbreaker and this is one ofthose songs I never would have discovered if it weren't for satellite radio and that wonderfulness of telling me artist and song names. The song is Don't Lose Yourself and yeah it's maybe what I needed right now, blah blah you can see what I mean in the lyrics blah.It may be about losing yourself in a relationship,though I'm too tired to think too deeply and of course the basic message "don't lose yourself" is universal. But it doesn't have an official video or even a live version that I could find so I'm going to post the two entries in the, I guess, "make a video" contest. Once again I'm horrible at making decisions and they both have reasons to recommend them. The first one is made by an Italian, and god knows how much I love that country and the people (roma, te manco). It has whimsy and balloons, which always make good viewing. Visuals by Giacomo Cocci

And this second one is probably technically a better video, one that really impressed me especially with the Take on Me feel of some parts it has a more romantic feel and it was filmed on the streets of L.A. to boot.


See; you're both winners! ::polite applause::
Speaking of L.A. I just chanced to go on LAist and apparently today is the 266th birthday of El Pueblo de Nuestra Senora La Reina de Los Angeles. Who knew? Their coverage is far better than I could do even if I weren't passing out,but I feel really sorry for whoever actually walked 9 miles on what was the hottest day of the year. So happy birthday my lady; you don't look a day over 74.
As for you dearest mythical reader: sogni d'oro.

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: