Thursday, November 29, 2007

Story Pirates, Arrrggh!

After that last post I feel I need something pure and innocent and good to counteract the evil of the Republican Party and so I remembered a video from earlier this morning. After the Bud Light "Dude" commercial played a set of realted videos showed up and one seemed so random I clicked on it.
It's called "This Movie is About Cats Flying" and it is a little frightening

While I was watching I read the description and it piqued my interest more. You see "This story is about cats flying."
Based on this sentence by 8 year-old Jah-Kym McMillan, and adapted into a film short by The Story Pirates - a non-profit company that promotes a love of creative writing.
The Striking Viking Story Pirates (www.storypirates.com) adapt and perform stories written by kids as a way of celebrating the words and ideas of young people."

It seemed like such a great and fun idea, and I'm sure it must give the authors and their families such a thrill that I started watching most of the videos that they've posted out of happiness and so I thought you should enjoy them as well.
Here is "Abby is Sile" written by 6 year old Sofia Morales-Bello Barcelo

(And you may have noticied as I did that Abby looks familiar. So I checked out the Pirates' bios and found out it's Kristen Schaal the one fan of Flight of The Conchords.)
The Day I Got My Head Stuck in A Barstool written by 4th grader Russel Kay (from the stage show)

"Teddy Bear Cottage" by Eli Land, age 4.

Fourth Grader Michael Breen's "Giant Bugs 2"

And finally, from Madeline Desrochets "I Love You The Best" (because that's what I do!)


(I think at this age I wrote stories about murderous robots and monkeys moving to the city- this kids are far more well adjusted than I)
This totally had to have been my most kid friendly post ever,btw; I'll try to slut it up later...

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: