Wednesday, November 21, 2007

A Letter From John Edwards

(and yes this is straight propaganda but I really do think he is the best person for America and I'm trying to get the word out to whomever I can and reading this e-mail just made me feel warm and fuzzy)


Thanksgiving is a time for us to take a break from the stresses that abound in our day to day lives and remember all the wonderful things that we have to be thankful for.

I'll be giving thanks for two parents who worked so hard to give me a better life. For 30 years with one amazing woman. For four wonderful children. For 231 years of America. For the hopes and determination of a nation filled with the most optimistic people on Earth. And for all of you, who have welcomed us into your homes, and your hearts. For all of these things, Elizabeth and I say, thank you.
A Special Thanksgiving Message from John Edwards

But as we give thanks, we should also remember that even in America, the richest country in the world, 35 million people are not getting enough food to eat.

That is why today, I am asking Americans to take a small but meaningful action to help those who are going hungry here in America.

Under my new "One Can Change America" initiative, I am challenging everyone in our campaign family to, at some point over the next six weeks, volunteer one hour at a food bank, donate at least one can to a food bank, give one lead-free children's toy to a toy drive - and call on one friend or family member to do the same. Today, I'll be dropping by my local food bank, the Interfaith Council for Social Services, to lend a hand with their Thanksgiving food drive.


Click here to find volunteer opportunities in your area.


If you are interested in learning more about the problem of hunger in America - and what we can do to combat it - you get more information on my Web site, where I have outlined my six-point plan to fight hunger among America's families.


Click here to read more about the problem of hunger in America, and my plan to fight it
.

The fact that 35 million people are going hungry in America today is just one more reason that we need to stand up for big change in this election, and strive to build One America.

But I know that together, there is no problem that the American people cannot solve.

Thank you for taking the time to read this message during your Thanksgiving holiday. And thank you for all you do to support this campaign.

Have a happy Thanksgiving - from Elizabeth, Cate, Emma Claire, Jack and me, to you and yours!

Sincerely,

John Edwards
-November 21, 2007

(
oh and the NY Times has an "interactive timeline" of John's remarkable life)

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: