Friday, November 30, 2007

Your Stuck in my Head Song of the Day

I first thought of this song when I heard some advertisement about someone playing at the Orpheum, which of course made my mind wandered to a dream I had about being Alice in a musical Alice in Wonderland that would run at the Orpheum for about two years and about how when it was over I'd end up a STAH. A notion that made me rememeber "In the headlights Of a stretch car You're a star" and so a song by U2 from the Batman Forever, "Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me" got stuck in my head.
I think when I first heard the song I was drawn to its title, which seemed really cool to me (and I later learned kinda related to Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me), and also its connection to the movie. But now the song stands up own its own just with its amazing musicality and amazingly catchy "Hold Me. Thrill Me. Kiss Me. Kill Me." chorus and it's soaring string orchestra at the end is just so dramatic and I always enjoy it.

You don't know how you took it
You just know what you got
Oh lordy you've been stealing
From the thieves and you got caught
In the headlights
Of a stretch car
You're a star

Dressing like your sister
Living like a tart
They don't know what you're doing
Babe, it must be art
You're a headache
In a suitcase
You're a star

Oh no, don't be shy
You don't have to go blind
Hold me, thrill me, kiss me, kill me

You don't know how you got here
You just know you want out
Believing in yourself
Almost as much as you doubt
You're a big smash
You wear it like a rash
Star
(I wanna take it)

Oh no, don't be shy
It takes a crowd to cry
Hold me, thrill me, kiss me, kill me
Yeah...
Hey!

They want you to be Jesus
They'll go down on one knee
But they'll want their money back
If you're alive at thirty-three
And you're turning tricks
With your crucifix
You're a star

(Oh child)

Of course you're not shy
You don't have to deny it love


I really think this was like my favorite U2 era. I don't know, it just seems funner or more playful, things you may be able to see in this video for Your Stuck in My Head Song of the Day- Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me by U2


U2-Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me [download] buy it on iTunes
U2 - The Best of 1990-2000 - Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me

i'll see ya sometime and if not, have a wonderful weekend.

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: