Wednesday, November 7, 2007

666:Hexakosioihexekontahexaphilia*

Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.- Revelation 13:18

"And I Am an Antichrist..."-Johnny Rotten (Anarchy in the U.K.)

Six hundred and SixtySix- the number of the beast. I got a degree in Religion and plus I'm fascinated by "evil" so you knew I had to do something special for this post. In one conception this was going to be my last post ever, in the hope I'd leave you with a diabolical vibe.

Good ol' Slayer.
Anyway many people have been labeled as the Beast: Howard Stern (by pig vomit,) Ronald Reagan, the Papacy, Islam and pretty much everyone you don't like, though I tend to believe that no text is in a vacuum and the Beast really referred to Nero Caesar. (oh and the Book of Revelation is such a fun read- it's soo exciting, until the end part when Jesus wins)

I wonder if I'd know when the Antichrist came- for a time I thought I was- but I doubt it and would be swept away in the enthusiasm, maybe even if I did know; there's something sexy about the Antichrist. And though a lot of people are worried about social security numbers and the belief that all of our personal information will be on a chip implanted into us, and how that will signal the coming of The Beast

but to be honest I look forward to not being able to lose anything (like my damn debit card) or having to fumble around in my purse- seems like quite a timesaver.

But anyway I took this as an occasion to put together an Armageddon Playlist, Songs for Satan, Tunes for the Tribulation, whatevs.
(and I know Satan isn't the Antichrist but it's close enough and it fits in with the theme- just imagine fire brimstone and all the adventure the end of the world will bring)

Iggy and the Stooges- Your Pretty Face is Going To Hell
Ben Folds Five- Satan is My Master
Pantera- Cowboys From Hell
The Fugees- The Beast
AC/DC- Hell's Bells
Marilyn Manson- Antichrist Superstar
White Zombie- I Am Hell
Robert Johnson- Hell Hound on My Trail
Nina Simone- Go to Hell
Marilyn Manson- Astonishing Panorama of the End Times
Tricky- Hell Is Around The Corner
John Butler Trio- Damned To Hell
Nirvana- Lake of Fire

(go shopping here or here)
aww, what an amazing midweek, midday pick up.

*

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: