Monday, November 19, 2007

My Favorite Person of Today

besides, of course, you!

So today my favorite person is, and let's see if I say this correctly, the Most Reverend Dr. Desmond Tutu.
While i was looking up some info on him I found these quotes that I enjoy

  • "A person is a person because he recognizes others as persons."
  • "If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. If an elephant has its foot on the tail of a mouse and you say that you are neutral, the mouse will not appreciate your neutrality."
  • "Good is stronger than evil; love is stronger than hate; light is stronger than darkness; life is stronger than death. Victory is ours, through him who loves us."
  • "I give great thanks to God that he has created a Dalai Lama. Do you really think, as some have argued, that God will be saying: 'You know, that guy, the Dalai Lama, is not bad. What a pity he's not a Christian'? I don't think that is the case - because, you see, God is not a Christian."
but the reason why I thought to do this at all was because of his comments to the BBC about the Anglican church's stance on gays:
"Our world is facing problems - poverty, HIV and Aids - a devastating pandemic, and conflict. God must be weeping looking at some of the atrocities that we commit against one another.

If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God.

It is a perversion if you say to me that a person chooses to be homosexual.You must be crazy to choose a way of life that exposes you to a kind of hatred. It's like saying you choose to be black in a race-infected society."


He really is a great man of love and peace and those words made my soul glad.

(Okay, back to regularly scheduled filth and nonsense in the morning)

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: