Thursday, July 5, 2007

Your Simply Amazing Stuck in My Head Song of the Day

Today I had quite a number of quality songs stuck in my head Radiohead's "Exit Music for a Film" the Dresden Dolls "Missed Me" Nellie McKay's "Really" and B.I.G.'s "Things done changed" all these songs were amazing and I have no doubt that at some point they will find their way into this spot, but the one I had to start my day is also the one that finished it. I was in the shower thinking about Hubby and other important people in my life and the line "I thank God there are people out there like you" stayed in my head. It's from Elton John's "Mona Lisas and Mad Hatters" a song that blew me away the first time I heard. I think I had the Mandy Moore version in my head; I've never really listened to her but I like her as an actress and she always was the prettiest of that crop of pop singers, so I always dealt with her favorably in my mind. And it is a really outstanding version, in my opinion. Anyway because of that above line, and the fact that many of my friends are starting off in the corporate world this song and its lyrics really spoke to me, one who is trying to eschew all that that life entails-I'd much rather see the sky. Here's Elton singing in back in 1972, it's a fairly stripped down version but still breathtaking; I hope you like it and it touches some part of you.


Mandy Moore-Mona Lisas and Mad Hatters (mp3)

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: