Sunday, July 22, 2007

And finally... Your Stuck in my Head Song of the Day

I really should have had this song for Friday's happy happy love fest song of the day instead of a song about violent love and another starring flannel and dirty dreads, but I dropped the ball. Sorry. Anyway this song really sort of exudes a joie de vivre, a youthful exuberance that makes me envy some people, but also points out that I still do have this type of freedom and limitlessness available to me, a luxury that most don't have. It's by Supergrass and was released at the height of BritPop (woo!) The song is called Alright. The lyrics are all about the doing what you feel and having a good time. Here are some lyrics:

Are we like you,
I can't be sure,
Of the scene, as she turns,
We are strange in our world,

But we are young, we run green,
Keep our teeth, nice and clean,
See our friends, see the sights, feel alright.
I'm sure this song will pop up a few more times on this site, especially when I have youthful anthem days. But don't worry about the future now. Here's the video, and all I can say is I miss the 90's.



(They may not be the most attractive lads, but man can they write a pop song.)
Ah life. Live it up. Because if we tried doing in a few years what we're doing now, some might call us incredibly irresponsible :)

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: