Thursday, July 19, 2007

I'm Afraid of Americans: The Next Generation

On The Huffington Post one of their contributers put up a short documentary where he went to the College Republican Conference and interviewed them about the War in Iraq, the Culture War and their own reasons for being of fighting age yet not fighting. It's nothing really groundbreaking, and you can stop watching after like 5:30. And of course these could all be edited to only show those who won't enlist, his bias is pretty obvious, but I love their many medical conditions, their belief that they're "special forces" on college campuses (I'll give them that they're well organized, at Duke our conservative union was extremely well funded.) I still think that the whole chickenhawk thing is important though because they will be some of the ones making decisions in the future, and I would prefer that people who would send others into war would first have experienced it for themselves. Hell even I called a recruiter and was like a step away from being enlisted on the Friday after 9/11 ( yeah that would've worked out fabulously.) Speaking of fabulous my favorite, favorite, favorite part is the high school kid who at like 4:14 freaks out, defends himself and says that homosexual thoughts don't make you gay, as long as you pray about them, as he did, which makes him not gay. Watch and tell me if you see, like I do, him in 10 years a little trimmer somewhere in WeHo.


Untitled from huffpost and Vimeo.
Hmm, he may have potential.

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: