Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Your Stuck in my Head Song(s) of the Day

Right now there are two songs stuck in my head; bear with me.
I'm not sure what shampoo commercial it is, but it has Natasha Bedingfield's Unwritten in it. I hadn't realized before the Concert for Diana that she was the one who sang it, but after that performance and for some reason today I've had it in my head. The lyrics are so inspirational and hopeful and empowering. Then after Keith Olbermann's Special Comment today (see the below post) I was so happy and hyped, that it was almost religious and some of the lyrics to Lauryn Hill's To Zion then the whole song as well. But neither one of the songs really took precedence and it is one of those times where the lyrics of each keep getting mixed with the music of the other. Like a mash up. So what I'm going to try to do here is try to help you recreate that. Here's a live version of To Zion with Lauryn Hill and Santana. Listen to/Watch it a time or two and get a sense of the music. Now here's Natasha Bedingfield's Unwritten

They have a similar musicality right? Or am I just out of my mind? Anyway they are both amazing songs and enjoy either one, either way. And Happy America Day.

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: