Friday, July 27, 2007

Your Simply Amazing Stuck in My Head Song of the Day

Well what do you know? Just like I "assumed" on Wednesday today's stuck in my head song of the day is Flesh Failures/Let The Sunshine In from the American Tribal Love-Rock Musical, Hair. It is a truly tremendous song and is my favorite from the show. I was originally inspired to have this song in my head when Godspell came on and I noticied that along with musicals like Jesus Christ Superstar, there seemed to be some sort of Jesus Chic or an urge and yearning for a figure who might resolve the turmoil and lead everyone again to the brightness of a future. And I would like to believe the summed up the despair yet still hope of the time and the prayer for a better world. As I think do the lyrics to this song

We starve-look
At one another
Short of breath
Walking proudly in our winter coats
Wearing smells from laboratories
Facing a dying nation
Of moving paper fantasy
Listening for the new told lies
With supreme visions of lonely tunes

Somewhere
Inside something there is a rush of
Greatness
Who knows what stands in front of
Our lives
I fashion my future on films in space
Silence
Tells me secretly
Everything
Everything

Manchester England England
Manchester England England
Eyes look your last
Across the Atlantic Sea
Arms take your last
embrace
And I'm a genius genius
And lips oh you the
doors of breath
I believe in God
Seal with a righteous kiss
And I believe that God believes in Claude
Seal with a righteous kiss
That's me, that's me, that's me
The rest is silence
The rest is silence
The rest is silence

Singing
Our space songs on a spider web sitar
Life is around you and in you
Answer for Timothy Leary, dearie

Let the sunshine
Let the sunshine in
The sunshine in
Damn hippies ;)
But I didn''t have such grand thoughts in my head when I thought the song would be perfect for tonight. I was merely thinking that I needed some sunshine because I plan to spend a lot of time this weekend at the beach reading Book 7 ( yeah I still haven't started it. But I think I've proved my point that I am not soo addicted that I coudln't live without knowing for a few extra hours, not to mention days. I'm pretty sure I win) and getting a nice tan with a Nalgene full of mojito yumminess. I'll enjoy and I hope you enjoy this song.
Here it is in the 1979 movie version

Let the sunshine in my friend, let the sunshine in.
Flesh Failures (Let The Sunshine In)-(mp3)
[UPDATE: I almost forgot my Simpsons theme/goal for today so here's a poster for the movie including every character from the show, almost like they are in a field singing songs about sunshine.

There. Done and Done. And I mean Done.]

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: