Wednesday, July 18, 2007

...When [Your Internet is] Dead

I was going to title this post "Things to Do in L.A. When Your Internet is Dead" in a rip off of the movie, (which was totally a rip off of everything Tarantino, back in the mid 90s after Pulp Fiction went huge where every crime movie that tried to be edgy had a similar ethos) but I realized that the last post title began with Things, and I am way too compulsive and afraid of bad writing like repeating words too often in something, without any artistic decision behind it. Anyway over the past week or so since I was sent back to the Bronze Age, circa 1993, I had to figure out other things to do. It was weird how dependent I was on the Internet and didn't even realize it. When I wanted to order a pizza I had no idea what the number was and I couldn't go online to get it, and I don't even know if we have a phone book.
I usually get my news from my 7 or so news sources but since that was out, I had to watch local and cable news and see them report about things that were weeks old on the internet, and of course only give it a cursory overview. And whenever something that I wanted to know more about came on television I couldn't just log on and check wikipedia or google it; it was horrible.
But on more positive notes not being tied to this thing allowed me to try other things. I started doing yoga again in the morning, in fact I formed a nice little routine. I'd wake up, feed the cats, walk the dog. I'd then come back work in my garden/backyard for a bit (looking after my tomatoes, fig and potatoes as well as playing with my compost and marvelling at my flowers.) After that I'd do yoga for about an hour then work on my abs for a bit (I may ahve to start working on my thighs- didn't ever think I would have to deal with those; ugh.) I'd then lay out while reading and work on a bit of a tan. It's a really amazing thing and everything together was so calming and tranquil- I'm totally going to try to incorporate it or integrate it into my daily life con Internet
Plus all this time away gave me some more mother daughter time and that is a truly fabulous thing :)

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: