Friday, July 20, 2007

I Love You- I'm Not Gonna Crack

So far so good. I'm still trying to keep that feeling of goodness and happiness and Nirvana's Lithium lyrics came to mind (I'm so happy cuz today I found my friend) It's not the happiest of songs, but Kurt (R.I.P) really wasn't a ball of joy, but it does have that hopeful quality, and when I went on youtube to try to watch the video I discovered the Polyphonic Spree had done a cover. If you don't know who the Polyphonic Spree is, you should, their music is full of such hope and exuberance and joy and if you ever wanna leave a concert uplifted and floating I'd highly recommend going to see them or the Flaming Lips. I think this clip gives you a small sense of what they're about and a taste of such a communal spirit that can take a song about a bipolar drug and make it so gleeful. You can't help but crack a smile ( I hope)


(here's another performance)
and I'm going to try to not have this be a purely video day. We'll see how it goes

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: