Monday, July 2, 2007

People who won't be President, anytime soon

On Tom Tancredo's (He's running for president. He's a republican. congressmen. Still don't know him?) website there was a post about Tancredo going to a gunshow in Iowa. This is the best part " By the way, we're going to schedule an event where people can go shooting with the Tanc." Yup, The Tanc. Such gravitas, when I think of a Tank, I either think Frank or Michael Dukakis.

Lewis "Scapegoat" I mean "Scooter" Libby. He'll be too busy being in jail to campaign.

Newt Gingrich actually think that if he decides to run, he has a chance in hell of winning, or that people actually want him to run in the first place. I guess he forgot about his very very high negatives, like divorcing his wife while she was in the hospital with cancer. Though I love to see the Republicans cannibalize themselves and if Newt emerges from it, I think I like our chances, no moderate or Democrat would come with 20 feet of voting for him.

Unless we nominate this guy. So he raised some money, I'm not impressed and call me a little hard on middle america but I don't think a plurality of people will vote for a half term senator, with no real legislative accomplishments, little foreign policy experience (which scares quite a few people), no real specific policy plans, and a last name that reminds many of our most wanted enemy. Plus he's black. Call me cynical but make sure you call me in December 2008. Just remember that if the election was held in December of 2003, Howard Dean would probably be President right now. ( and I may have called "Dagger" on the realest presidental contender out there.) For some reason I just don't like him. I don't know why. But in the last election I voted for a convicted murderer, but I live in California so the state was secure, plus he's a political prisoner so my judgement is obviously suspect.

McCain- The fact that he's so old (almost 71!) and that much of his reputation relies on success in Iraq (good luck with that) notwithstanding, this is never a good sign.

Me. I'm okay with that, I really don't wanna be president anymore. But if you know of a trans-friendly, human rights non profit, holla. I'm incredibly flexible. I can handle things, I'm smart. Not like everybody says, like dumb*

* no one has actually ever said that to me.

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: