Wednesday, July 4, 2007

What Might Have Been

I hate how my favorite politician ever died fifteen years before I was born. Died before he could become president and before he could truly change the world. A man who could speak so eloquently, so powerfully, and so hopefully and inspiringly, so truly from the heart. He would no doubt have only achieved greatness for not only himself, but for us all. "Today is a day of Affirmation, a celebration of liberty." I sincerely believe that if he had lived this world would be a much much better place. We wouldn't be in this funk that we are now, as a country and as a world. But because of him and the people he inspired with his undying optimism I do believe, and will continue to believe in the goodness of man. And there will stay my hope for the future.
Even through Ted Kennedy you can feel the timelessness of his words, the power of his message, and the eternalness of his call to service. We need such people now.
His grave in Washington was the humblest I saw, yet the most powerful that I experienced. I would like to believe it represents the man well.
R.I.P. Bobby.

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: