Friday, January 25, 2008

Coachella!!! (It Probably Sounds Better When Stanley Kowalski Yells It)

The line up for this year’s Coachella (Valley Music and Arts Festival) was released a few days ago and…as it always seems to happen the first year I can actually go to it the line up is…well I’ve seen better.
But it should still be a blast and has a bundle of bands I know (and in some cases adore- see Rilo Kiley) but here is the lineup (Saturday is totally the day to go)

  • Roger Waters ( I prefer David Gilmour)
  • Raconteurs (Jack White somehow can do no wrong)
  • The Verve (did they do Freshmen or Bittersweet Symphony? Or was that The Verve Pipe?)
  • Jack Johnson
  • Kraftwerk (awesome. who doesn't love german electronica?)
  • Portishead*(um, awesome as well)
  • Death Cab for Cutie (love)
  • My Morning Jacket
  • Love and Rockets
  • Justice (I’ve been getting into them recently)
  • M.I.A. (not a huge fan)
  • The Breeders
  • Rilo Kiley (adore beyond words)
  • Sasha & Digweed
  • Café Tacuba
  • Fatboy Slim
  • Spritualized
  • Tegan and Sara (love, love)
  • Madness
  • The National (really really good)
  • Animal Collective
  • Mum (I really enjoy spacing out to them)
  • Pendulum
  • Sharon Jones (I’m assuming with The Dap Kings)
  • Stars
  • Battles (their videos, at least, are amazing)
  • Aesop Rock
  • Midnight Juggernauts
  • Does It Offend You, Yeah?
  • Spank Rock
  • Minus the Bear
  • Dan le Sac vs Scroobius Pip
  • Diplo
  • Adam Freeland
  • Santogold
  • Vampire Weekend
  • Dan Deacon
  • Hot Chip (really fun)
  • Cold War Kids
  • Stephen Malkmus
  • Gogol Bordello (I’ve never liked gypsys before this band)
  • Chromeo
  • Metric
  • Danny Tenaglia
  • Booka Shade
  • Murs
  • Cool Kids (probably my favorite band name ever…and their music is really good too)
  • Sia (love her)
  • Les Savy Fav
  • Holy Fuck
  • Black Kids
  • Black Mountain
  • Man Man
  • I'm from Barcelona
  • Kid Sister
  • The Horrors (Samantha Morton loves them enough to be in their video, and that’s a big enough endorsement for me)
  • Austin TV
  • Shout Out Louds (really good)
  • Luckyiam
  • Autolux
  • Modeselektor
  • The Bees
  • Professor Murder
  • Cut Copy (most everything I’ve heard from them I’ve enjoyed)
  • Busy P
  • VHS or Beta

So let’s see I really enjoy 18 of them and have heard of a few more. That's a decent enough ratio.Maybe it won’t suck. Plus chemicals are always good

Tickets on Sale Now
Coachella

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: