Wednesday, January 30, 2008

The Downfalls

"My Faith is gone!" cried he, after one stupefied moment. "There is no good on earth; and sin is but a name. Come, devil; for to thee is this world given."-Young Goodman Brown


Anyway I meant to do this a few days back but, I get side tracked. But I learned in this NY Times article that today was the day 75 years ago that the Nazis came to power so I thought it only appropriate and providential that now I share The Downfall

I first learned of this phenomenon when someone sent me this link about HD-DVD and Bluray

I actually thought that was a legitimate web video made by Blu Ray or one of its companies (or something) because it seemed like something that would be done but then a few days later after the Cowboys lost to, I think the Giant,s I saw this on a Sports Illustrated affliated site

And it was this that made me realize that this was some kind of internet fun toy and so I did a minimal amount of snooping and found all these other parodies
For like the Wii


Something about Microsoft

Hitler’s stolen car

some theatre in Perth (the Dream Theatre)

MySpace

AC Milan losing the Champion’s League final to Liverpool

And even in Chinese


And probably more and more popping up every day (I did not realize there were so many when I started this post)

But here is the actual scene from The Downfall, the movie about Hitler’s last days in the bunker and his death and…it really makes me want to see this movie (and apparently it’s absolutely amazing- I wish I had actually heard of it before)

And is it a coincidence that 75 years after Hitler and his great evil came to power that America’s last great hope had to step aside for others, including another “unifying” demagouge?

I’m not saying, just saying

(Sorry, I’m not pro-Hillary, necessarily, I’m just intensely anti-Barack)

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: