Thursday, December 20, 2007

Your Stuck in my Head Song of the Day

Today is my friend Fiona's birthday and..the way we met was kinda bizarre) though it's actually pretty boring and nerdy so i won't tell you.)
Anyway she's my friend and I like her and all but she's also working for Barack in New Hampshire so I've put our friendship on hold for just a little bit.
However just because she's working for the enemy and the destruction of America doesn't mean I didn't think about her today and as I thought about her the Arctic Monkey's Cigarette Smoker Fiona came to mind. I doubt that my Fiona has started smoking (though the campiagn stress and the fact it is New Hampshire may do crazy things) but there aren't a tonne of songs that mention Fiona so this came to mind. Plus it rocks and the chorus is catchy

Sat at the side of the pool at one of your houses
With wet white trousers on,
And worlds collide as the evening continues, the dignity fucks off
Her brother's gone off to the strippers to make up for all the lost time
She could have been one of the bitches, but she's actually alright.

Cigarette smoker
I'm sorry but we're all unsure how much you've had
But we think that you ought to maybe not have anymore

A country home,
Even if we really tried would it cease to surprise us now
And I bet your dad would like to give us all a slap
When are ya parents back dya know?
Well I never came from no ghetto, but it wasn't nowhere near here
Well spoken girls and stilettos aren't something to fear

Cigarette smoker
I'm sorry but we're all unsure how much you've had
But we think that you ought to maybe not have anymore

Cigarette smoker
Cigarette smoke doesn't hide as well as you think
And you think that it ought to act as the perfect disguise



Looking at those I once again realize that I know none of the Arctic Monkeys' lyrics. Anyway here is a live performance from Reading of Your Stuck in My Head Song of the Day, Cigarette Smoker Fiona by the Arctic Monkeys


Arctic Monkeys- Cigarette Smoker Fiona [download] buy it on iTunes
Arctic Monkeys - Who the F*** Are Arctic Monkeys? - EP - Cigarette Smoker Fiona

Happy Birthday Fiona! And may today be a far better and happier day for you than January 3rd or 8th :-J

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: