Friday, December 21, 2007

Liquid Fantasies: Things that are too cool/trendy for me

but I'd still like to taste or try

  • Soapstone and/or Granite Ice Cubes certainly take a scotch on the rocks to a literal level."Put rocks in your freezer and then in your drink, and they do the job of ice without diluting your whiskey" and all this time when I'd try to be old and classy and have a scotch on the rocks whenever I prayed for the ice to dilute it I was being sacrilegious. Good to know.
  • I think these are more up my alley. Just in time for the holidays come Candy Cane shot glasses."These glasses add a sweet minty flavour to your favorite shooters while keeping your breath minty fresh." and the best part, (besides the booze)? They're made out of 100% edible candy canes. I'm sure the kiddies will love those.
  • On second thought maybe the kids should stick to Vessel custom soda.
  • For less than a handle of liquor you too can own your very own "Lush Life Party Ice" Ice Luge. Ah that takes me back to that one time at the frat party where I got creeped out but the disgustingness of the ice luge.
  • I want "the best beer in the world" made by monks who've taken vows of silence. "Westvleteren “Trappist” can only be purchased in limited quantities, by placing an order on the monks “Beer Phone”. It’s a great example of ultra-premium anti-branding: the monks do no advertising, nor do they label the bottles. The beer, which costs from 22 euro a bottle, is available only once a month, and you can only order 2 cases of 24 bottles at a time. Remi Johnson of Boston’s Publick House calls the brew “the holy grail of beers." That really sounds like the classiest thing ever. Ok I've revised my final meal- I'll have Trappist with my ortolan-mmmmm
  • and finally I don't think this has anything to do with alcohol, and it is sad whenever someone dies, but this headline was too good to pass on "Roofing company billionaire dies after falling through roof."

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: