Friday, December 14, 2007

Your Stuck in my Head Song of the Day

I have a pretty complicated relationship with Muse. i first heard of them in 2004 when my esteemed partner in LME introduced me to them and I immediately liked. The singer reminded and was obviously influenced by Thom Yorke. Anyway my Everlyn and I were talking about them and she said something like "yeah they're like Radiohead, but better" which as all my friends have learned is blasphemy to me. I'm not sure if I spoke to here for two weeks but as much as I wanted to punish Muse for her heresy I couldn't; you can't deny talent.(though I'm still unnecessarily bitter enough to not throw myself wildly behind them)
And that talent is so so clear and on display in Stockholm Syndrome, such a kick ass, heavy soaring song that begs to be played loudly. And I usually oblige, singing along (poorly no doubt) to the falsetto parts even though I never knew the lyrics besides "this is the last time I'll abandon you" until this night:

I won't stand in your way
Let your hatred grow
And she'll scream and she'll shout and she'll pray
And she had a name, yeah she had a name

I won't hold you back
Let your anger rise
And we'll fly and we'll fall and we'll burn
No one will recall, no one will recall

This is the last time I'll abandon you
And this is
The last time I'll forget you
I wish I could

Look to the stars
Let hope burn in your eyes
And we'll love and we'll hate and we'll die
All to no avail, all to no avail

This is the last time I'll abandon you
And this is
The last time I'll forget you
I wish I could

This is the last time I'll abandon you
And this is
The last time I'll forget you
I wish I could
I wish I could

(they say that is you play the chorus backwards the song says "You can't see me, you sneak off. I lost to love. Please ... save me")

Here are the videos and...the European version is pretty horrible, the US one is better but Muse is known as an awesome live band (they were one of my 5 favorite concerts I think) and so here is an awesome (in the original sense of the word) live performance of Your Stuck in My Head Song of The Day- Stockholm Syndrome by Muse


Muse-Stockholm Syndrome [download] buy it on iTunes
Muse - Absolution - Stockholm Syndrome


(and that was a 50 post week in 4 days; I'm a little impressed by myself and I hope I did a fabulous job finishing my muffin)

Happy Weekend everyone. I think I'm going drinkin'.

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: