Thursday, December 13, 2007

Kid Nation-Pour Out A Little For Bonanza City



Seems so long ago and oh how the kids grew up so quickly. But now it's over. And surprisingly Bonanza City was not burned to the ground (which I assumed would happen, if not sometime during the 40 days, then as everyone was leaving town.)

This episode started with a beautiful riot where the kids basically stripped everything out of the stores and were walking around with crates of like gumballs (it was awesome)and I wanted to tell Zach when he was bemoaning everything that it's not stealing, it's looting. I'm still not sure how much I like Zach; he was mature and responsible but to me it seemed more "self righteous" and annoying than the maturity of others. He did deserve a gold star (though I really thought he had won one earlier.) So the next day they cleaned up the town and everyone seemed to actually help out (i feel i would have had a wicked Squishee hang over.)

I think one of my favorite parts of the episode was when (i think her name was) Savnnah wanted to sleep with the Yellow Girls and they all said okay then they sent Kelsey to tell her that "we're your friends and we'll always be BFFs but its our last night and we just wanted to spend it with us Yellow Girls" and then Savannah went nuts and Taylor and I forgot her blond friends name were so bitchy. It was fabulous, though I'm glad Migle was there to make Savannah feel better because rejection is never cool.

Anyway the challenge didn't seem too tough, though I was confused as to why three separate groups didn't start a respective project at the same time, though I guess tag teaming it and having them wait to go station to station made it more successful (did anyone else notice the conciliatoriness of Zach by mentioning that Taylor made the right decision by getting the microwaves.

but a quick question, if they hadn't completed their challenge would they not have been able to see their parents? because that would've been cruel
I kinda felt that at the Bonanza Bonanza(?) the parents would be coming but when they came running over that hill (reminiscent of Gandalf coming at first light in The Two Towers,or not) and the kids came rushing towards them, Michael running ahead of them all-aww I started to cry, a little. It was just so sweet ans so genuine.
Then the kids showed them around and I think it was Jared who made his dad a Bonanza Bomb and I really wonder how many parents who saw that thought "my god these kids are going to be drunks."
and Migle, a girl who I'm not sure had ever been on camera before like last week, and who looked a lot more "mature" than everyone else there came through when it counted the most and won the last $50,000 gold star. It was sweet as the council basically said she was the Most Improved and she did seem really sweet, even if I'm still not sure how to pronounce her name.She's going to be beautiful when she grows up.Anyway at the final scene where everyone was hugging it didn't seem like the kids were as tearful as I felt they would be, so that was disappointing. (because children crying is amusing, of course)

That must've been the best summer vacation ever. I kinda wonder how these kids are doing at school, like if they're mini celebrities or still shunned but I hope them all the best, even Taylor who somehow managed not to get fragged.

and now to sum up my feelings (since I was like the only adult who loved a show that was first in the coveted 2-11 demo) a song from before any of those kids were born.

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: