Thursday, December 13, 2007

Ephemeral Desires: Things that are too cool/trendy for me*

*but I still want to see or try or in some other way experience


  • I would love if there were something like a V-Day in America, or someone like Beppe Grillo (jon stewart maybe?) because we really need some moment of great unity and anger to change the system. F-Day for America!
  • yeah sometimes I really do want to get away and just peace and start again, a million miles away. I just didn't know the name for it was so harsh like pseudocide. I prefer starting anew.
  • Or maybe I'll just go on an extended trip around the world following the list of 53 Places to go in 2008, as written about in the New York Times
  • Another week, another advance (or two) in robotic worldwide domination. Insert sense of impending doom.
  • Stollen sounds delcious and I think I'm going to try to make a loaf this weekend, though it is German so I'm worried about turning evil and angry by eating it. Maybe I'll stick with Panettone.
  • I kinda want to see Persepolis. I mean black and white, french, revolutions=right up my proverbial alley. It actually looks like one of those movies where I know I'd feel happy afterwards. And I like that.
  • This is such a great idea for a conceit; a movie shot entirely on surveillance cameras. Look- it looks really good and it is really spooky in a way I'd never thought about- each American is on average filmed 200 times a day; that's insane. And it opens tomorrow.
  • Other Movies Opening this Week
I Am Legend
Alvin and the Chipmunks (Jason, when Pilot Inspektor grows up he's going to be quite embarrassed over this)

The Perfect Holiday

Good Bye Bafana (This movie is recommended by Amnesty International-and Dennis Haysbert is amazing in general)

The Kite Runner (sorry about that rape scene and having to relocate your whole family due to the shame caused them and for safety)

Nanking (I really thought there should have been a movie made about the Rape of Nanking years ago, or at least I wanted to make one)

Youth Without Youth (Sofia Coppola's dad makess a movie)

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: