Saturday, December 29, 2007

My New Addiction

I woke up this morning at like 5:30 after a rather horrible night of sleep and try as hard as I did I couldn’t fall back to sleep. I had wanted to continue reading The Subtle Knife but it was too dark and I didn’t want to turn on the lights so I turned on the laptop and turned down the brightness and checked out the hometown paper.
I was drawn to an article titled something like (at least in my mind) Barack"I'm a demagogue" Obama following Edwards’ lead and suddenly spouting populist ideals (Obama Moves onto Edwards' Turf). So I read for a few paragraphs (even though at this point I actually cannot stand to see his face)And I think it was at the pint where Barack “All Sizzle-Steal Someone Else’s Steak) Obama said something like his grandma lives in a hut in Kenya when I just got incensed and had to quickly leave that article before I started screaming harsh obscenities at my computer that early in the morning. SO i went to explore what the LA Times deemed “things to watch on the Web in 2008” so I could be on the cutting edge, y’know.
Anyway as I was reading it it reminded me of something I had heard the Prom Queen mini web series that Eisner was making and since I was nowhere close to getting out of bed I decided to give it a whirl and check them out. I didn’t watch them originally because it was on MySpace and MySpace is creepy but I figured at this point they would be on youtube and so “safe.”
So instead of next year’s hot new thing I stumbled late on to this year’s thing. And OMG it was so fucking addictive. I found that they compiled each week’s worth of episodes into one video to watch and the individual episodes are so short you don’t feel like it’s taking so much of your time to watch and so you keep watching (kinda like snacking on those 100 Calorie snack packs.)
And it really is such a delicious drama that I at first though was disposable but I couldn’t not see what would happen or what secrets everyone was hiding. Awesome. Simply awesome.
SO here are all the episodes from "Prom Queen" broken down into their 12 week compilations (sorry about the Hairspray commercials-those were really really annoying)

Week 2

Week 3

Week 4

Week 5

Week 6

Week 7

Week 8

Week 9

Week 10

Week 11: The Prom (!!!!!!)

Week 12

(My high school didn’t have Prom Court or Senior Superlatives actually-I guess admin felt it would either end up being too competitive (with the type A+s) or that no one would actually care. Probably to spare people’s feelings I guess...)
ANYWAY
So Danica did all of that? Her alter? What? And what was up with Nolan (and that guy who looked like a cross between an ugly Brad Pitt and the Beast from that old tv series)? Ugh I’m hooked and I have to watch Summer Heat now (I’m so excited! I can’t hardly wait)

And of the music in it I really enjoyed the rising of tension because of the discordant sounds but I think I was sucked into the drama of the moment because I really liked that song at Prom that’s playing after Jill is shot; it’s called The Feast (spring Roses) by China Room and my favorite “song” the one that played every time whatsername was cutting was I Won’t Let You Down by Mulally - I really like that one

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: