Monday, December 17, 2007

American Godfather

I'm personally a little lukewarm towards Jay-Z, I guess I don't like his hegemony (or his face) but when I first heard of this mashup of his apparently amazing American Gangster with the score from The Godfather on Radar I was intrigued. I mean it's The Godfather! and after listening to a few tracks, and perhaps because I'm not as familiar with the full score and haven't listened to the original American Gangster yet I'm not so tied to and attached to the original versions and don't view any change as a desecration, but I think I like it better than the Grey Album. Or maybe it's as simple as the white album was so sonically experimental and so well know whereas Nino Rota's score was traditional and orchestral but it works so well.
Anyway. It's from DJ Skee who in his own words is "the definitive West Coast DJ" and it's worth a listen if just for curiosity's sake



[UPDATE: Speaking of fun mashups

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: