Sunday, December 30, 2007

Who Said It: Bush, Hitler or Barack?

I think I first had the idea about this when listening to some old interview with GweeB about being an outsider and of course being a uniter and it reminded me of Barack Obama (or maybe the other way around) …and in some way to Hitler (another "uniter who didn't turn out so awesome.)
SO I though this would be an interesting and fun enough experiment to have a few quotes from each demagogue and see if you can tell who the speaker(or writer) was; George Walker Bush, Adolf Evil Hitler or Barack Hussein Obama (and though I’ve removed some Proper nouns which would make this incredibly obvious the meaning in each statement is still there) I may do an answer key but the fact that one may actually be needed proves whatever (delusion/exaggeration) point I have.
And feel free to leave your thoughts/guesses in the comments.

  1. That's what I want to do. In the course of the campaign, it's the first thing I want to do. The second is to elevate the discourse. I'm not going to participate in the old Washington, D.C., game of gossip and slander.
  2. Second, I showed the people of [my state] that I'm a uniter, not a divider. I refuse to play the politics of putting people into groups and pitting one group against another.
  3. People are very hungry for something new. I think they are interested in being called to be a part of something larger than the sort of small, petty, slash-and-burn politics that we have been seeing over the last several years.
  4. During the course of the campaign, I didn't talk about the past; I talked about the future.
  5. The answer to anybody's anxiety about me is in my deeds and actions. I have a strong faith. I am a religious man. I believe in Christ, and therefore my actions hopefully reflect a heart that cares for others. I understand good people can disagree on issues.
  6. It is essential that the next president be someone who understands America has an important role to play in promoting peace and to encourage others to understand the value of freedom, of free speech, free religion and the importance of the rule of law.
  7. But most importantly, the question each candidate must answer is whether you are prepared to bring dignity and honor to the office to which you have been elected.
  8. I think what's important is how much a person actually cares about other people. I got into politics because I do care about other people.
  9. I believe in self-reliance and independence, but I also believe we ought to help those in need, people who can't help themselves.
  10. It is either meant to be or not meant to be, that's how I view it. I feel pretty free. I'm a competitive person, but I feel free about it, because I'm a person who never grew up thinking, "Gosh, if only I'm my eighth-grade class president, I can parlay this into becoming the president of the United States."
  11. I think we all agree, the past is over.
  12. …Because he knows what many younger Americans know. We can do better in Washington D.C. We can have new leadership in Washington D.C., leadership that will lift this country's spirits and raise our sights. [He] knows what thousands of other youngsters know, that just because the White House has let us done in the past, that doesn't mean it's going to happen in the future
  13. The people and their soldiers are working and fighting today, not only for the present, but for the coming, nay the most distant, generations. A historical revision on a unique scale has been imposed on us by the Creator. …
  14. I didn't wake up when I was 15 years old saying, I really want to be president. I didn't feel that way at 21, 31, 41.
  15. People shouldn't vote for me because of my religion.
  16. If freedom is short of weapons, we must compensate with willpower
  17. And my job -- my job -- is to convince the American people I've got the judgment, the decision-making capability, that I'll bring a good administration of smart, capable people to Washington, that I can change the culture to get something done.
  18. My message is to the people. And my job is to convince them I've got the judgment and the decision-making capabilities and the wisdom to become their president
  19. Well, I'm just saying, you can disagree on issues, we'll debate issues, but whatever you do, don't equate my integrity and trustworthiness to [the current president]. That's about as low a blow as you can give in a primary
  20. [My wife’s] got a common sense about her that I obviously found appealing and still find appealing after all these years of marriage. I do trust her judgment. She's got -- she can read people well. And she's very much a part. She knows exactly what's on my mind.
  21. Faith is not just something you have, it's something you do.
  22. But the second thing was, can an administration change the tone in Washington? And I believe the answer is yes, I do. It's going to take a lot of hard work. But a president can help purge the system of this kind of "gotcha" politics and pile-on politics
  23. I will set a tone that is different from Washington, that says we can unite rather than divide, that this kind of finger-pointing and tearing down -- you know exactly what I'm talking about. I mean, it's just a bitter atmosphere.
  24. I begin with the young. We older ones are used up but my magnificent youngsters! Are there finer ones anywhere in the world? Look at all these men and boys! What material! With you and I, we can make a new world.
  25. We want to fill our culture again with the Christian spirit
  26. And I gave a speech to the National Committee fund- raiser, and I said both folks are to blame. I mean, there's blame to go around. But that doesn't mean we shouldn't be, you know, kind of mired in this type of environment forever.
  27. And I think I'm going to win, I do. I can feel it out there amongst the people, because they want something different. They're looking for somebody who can unite our nation and set a different tone in Washington.
  28. We want the people to be peace-loving, but also to be courageous.
  29. I think there's a lot of kids who are disillusioned right now. I frankly think that what's taken place in Washington the last couple of years has tended to disillusion children and young voters.
  30. If this were a dictatorship, it would be a heck of a lot just so long as I'm the dictator
  31. I say: my feeling as a Christian points me to my Lord and Saviour as a fighter. In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and of adders. . As a Christian I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice
  32. If freedom is short of weapons, we must compensate with willpower
  33. So we have come together on this day to prove symbolically that we are more than a collection of individuals striving one against another, that none of us is too proud, none of us too high, none is too rich, and none too poor, to stand together before the face of the Lord and of the world in this indissoluble, sworn community. And this united nation, we have need of it.
  34. We too, have deep in our hearts our own faith.
  35. If we pursue this way, if we are decent, industrious, and honest, if we so loyally and truly fulfill our duty, then it is my conviction that in the future as in the past the Lord God will always help us. In the long run He never leaves decent folk in the lurch. Often He may test them, He may send trials upon them, but in the long run He always lets His sun shine upon them once more and at the end He gives them His blessing.
  36. God helps only those who are prepared and determined to help themselves.
  37. In the course of my life I have very often been a prophet, and have usually been ridiculed for it
  38. If positive Christianity means love of one's neighbour, i.e. the tending of the sick, the clothing of the poor, the feeding of the hungry, the giving of drink to those who are thirsty, then it is we who are the more positive Christians.
  39. The judgment whether a people is virtuous or not virtuous can hardly be passed by a human being. That should be left to God.
  40. [I] never lost my belief, in the midst of setbacks which were not spared me during my period of struggle
  41. If a nation forgets itself as completely as [we] did at that time, if it thinks that it can shake off all honor and all good faith, Providence can do nothing but teach it a hard and bitter lesson. But even at that time we were convinced that once our nation found itself again, once it again became industrious and honorable, once each individual … stood up for his nation first and not for himself, once he placed the interests of the community above his own personal interests, once the whole nation again pursued a great ideal, once it was prepared to stake everything for this ideal, the hour would come when the Lord would declare our trials at an end.
  42. I may not be a light of the church, a pulpiteer, but deep down I am a pious man
  43. I am now as before a [Christian] and will always remain so
  44. Politics is history in the making.
  45. One of our most important tasks will be to save future generations from a similar political fate
  46. The [colonizers] have carried to these (colonial) people the worst that they could carry: the plagues of the world: materialism, fanaticism, alcoholism, and syphilis. Moreover, since what these people possessed on their own was superior to anything we could give them, they have remained themselves... The sole result of the activity of the colonizers is: they have everywhere aroused hatred
  47. Parallel to the training of the body a struggle against the poisoning of the soul must begin. Our whole public life today is like a hothouse for sexual ideas and simulations. Just look at the bill of fare served up in our movies and you will hardly be able to deny that this is not the right kind of food, particularly for the youth … Theater, art, literature, cinema, press, posters, and window displays must be cleansed of all manifestations of our rotting world and placed in the service of a moral, political, and cultural idea
  48. Faith is harder to shake than knowledge, love succumbs less to change than respect, hate is more enduring than aversion, and the impetus to the mightiest upheavals on this earth has at all times consisted less in a scientific knowledge dominating the masses than in a fanaticism which inspired them and sometimes in a hysteria which drove them forward
  49. The desire for freedom resides in every human heart. And that desire cannot be contained forever by prison walls, or martial laws, or secret police. Over time, and across the Earth, freedom will find a way.
  50. I do believe in the sanctity of marriage. ...But I don't see that as conflict with being a tolerant person or an understanding person.
  51. Our economic dependence depended on individual initiative. It depended on a belief in the free market; but it has also depended on our sense of mutual regard for each other, the idea that everybody has a stake in the country, that we’re all in it together and everybody’s got a shot at opportunity. That’s what’s produced our unrivaled political stability.
  52. We have to put a stop to the idea that it is a part of everybody's civil rights to say whatever he pleases.
  53. Focusing your life solely on making a buck shows a certain poverty of ambition. It asks too little of yourself. ... Because it’s only when you hitch your wagon to something larger than yourself that you realize your true potential.
  54. Throughout American history, there have been moments that call on us to meet the challenges of an uncertain world, and pay whatever price is required to secure our freedom. They are the soul-trying times our forbearers spoke of, when the ease of complacency and self-interest must give way to the more difficult task of rendering judgment on what is best for the nation and for posterity, and then acting on that judgment – making the hard choices and sacrifices necessary to uphold our most deeply held values and ideals.
  55. But today, our leaders in Washington seem incapable of working together in a practical, commonsense way. Politics has become so bitter and partisan, so gummed up by money and influence, that we can't tackle the big problems that demand solutions.
  56. I know that I haven't spent a lot of time learning the ways of Washington, but I've been there long enough to know that the ways of Washington must change. People who love their country can change it.
  57. For a people, as for an individual, it is tragic to have ambitions and to lack both the means essential to their fulfillment and any hope of acquiring those means.
  58. So what I have to do is just make sure that I'm delivering the message that we think the American people are ready for, that we want fundamental change, not just tinkering around the edges. I think the country wants to be brought together; they want to get past the petty partisan bickering. I think they want a politics that gets beyond sort of the special interest-driven politics that we've become accustomed to.
  59. We are a people of different faiths, but we are one
  60. Let us pray in this hour that nothing can divide us, and that God will help us
  61. The Government will regard it as its first and foremost duty to revive in the nation the spirit of unity and cooperation. It will preserve and defend those basic principles on which our nation has been built. It regards Christianity as the foundation of our national morality, and the family as the basis of national life.
  62. We want honestly to earn the resurrection of our people through our industry, our perseverance, our will.
  63. Whether it's Vietnam or the sexual revolution or civil rights, you know, we have been caught up in the same old arguments for decades now. And one of the strong beliefs I have about this campaign is that the country wants to get beyond some of those conventional, partisan battles and cultural wars, and start solving problems.
  64. I just want all of you to pray that I can be an instrument of God. . . We’re going to keep on praising together. I am confident that we can create a Kingdom right here on Earth.
  65. My faith plays a big part in my life. And when I was answering that question what I was really saying to the person was that I pray a lot. And I do. And my faith is a very, it's very personal. I pray for strength. I pray for wisdom. I pray for our troops in harm's way. I pray for my family. I pray for my little girls.
  66. It took a lot of blood, sweat and tears to get to where we are today, but we have just begun. Today we begin in earnest the work of making sure that the world we leave our children is just a little bit better than the one we inhabit today.
  67. I am a Christian.… So, I have a deep faith. I'm rooted in the Christian tradition. I believe that there are many paths to the same place, and that is a belief that there is a higher power, a belief that we are connected as a people.
  68. That there are values that transcend race or culture, that move us forward, and there's an obligation for all of us individually as well as collectively to take responsibility to make those values lived
  69. After all, the problems of poverty and racism, the uninsured and the unemployed, are not simply technical problems in search of the perfect ten point plan. They are rooted in both societal indifference and individual callousness - in the imperfections of man.
  70. What's relevant is that I have learned from any mistakes that I made. I do not want to send signals to anybody that what [I] did [some] years ago is cool to try.
  71. Life is hard for many, but it is hardest if you are unhappy and have no faith. Have faith. Nothing can make me change my own belief.
  72. Solving these problems will require changes in government policy, but it will also require changes in hearts and a change in minds.
  73. Like no other illness, AIDS tests our ability to put ourselves in someone else's shoes -- to empathize with the plight of our fellow man. While most would agree that the AIDS orphan or the transfusion victim or the wronged wife contracted the disease through no fault of their own, it has too often been easy for some to point to the unfaithful husband or the promiscuous youth or the gay man and say "This is your fault. You have sinned." I don't think that's a satisfactory response. My faith reminds me that we all are sinners.
  74. God is not on the side of any nation, yet we know He is on the side of justice. Our finest moments [as a nation] have come when we faithfully served the cause of justice for our own citizens, and for the people of other lands.
  75. History is moving, and it will tend toward hope, or tend toward tragedy.
  76. We have a stake in one another ... what binds us together is greater than what drives us apart, and ... if enough people believe in the truth of that proposition and act on it, then we might not solve every problem, but we can get something meaningful done for the people with whom we share this Earth
  77. Human aspirations are universal-for dignity, for freedom, for the opportunity to improve the lives of our families.
  78. Let us recognize what unites us across borders and build on the strength of this blessed country. Let us embrace our history and our legacy. Let us not only define our values in words and carry them out in deeds.
  79. And it indicates that people are really ready for a message for change. What they want is somebody who has a positive message, who has a tone in their politics that says, "We can disagree with the other side without being disagreeable."
  80. We have a long history of reform movements being grounded in that sense often religiously expressed that we have to extend beyond ourselves and our individual immediate self-interests to think about something larger.
  81. Our values should express themselves not just through our churches or synagogues, temples or mosques; they should express themselves through our government. Because whether it's poverty or racism, the uninsured or the unemployed, war or peace, the challenges we face today are not simply technical problems in search of the perfect ten-point plan. They are moral problems, rooted in both societal indifference and individual callousness--in the imperfections of man. And so long as we're not doing everything in our personal and collective power to solve them, we know the conscience of our nation cannot rest.
  82. As I travel around the country, people have an urgent desire for change in Washington. We are not going to fix anything unless we change how business is done in Washington. Part of that is bringing people together. But part of it is also overcoming special interests & lobbyists who are writing legislation that's critical to the American people. And one of the things I bring is a perspective that says: Washington has to change.
  83. There's a way to accomplish the separation of church and state, and at the same time, accomplish the social objective of having America become a hopeful place, and a loving place.
  84. My stepfather said, "Men take advantage of weakness in other men. They're just like countries in that way. The strong man takes the weak man's land. He makes the weak man work in his fields. If the weak man's woman is pretty, the strong man will take her. Which would you rather be? Better to be strong. If you can't be strong, be clever and make peace with someone who's strong. But always better to be strong yourself. Always."
  85. What I'm talking about is ending the divisive politics that we have in this country. I think it is important for us ... to be clear about what we stand for. But I think we also have to invite [the other party] to join us in a progressive agenda for universal health care, to make sure that they are included in conversations about improving our education system and properly funding our public schools. I think turning the page means that we've got to get over the special interest-driven politics that we've become accustomed to. And most importantly it's important for us to make sure that we're telling the truth to the American people about the choices we face.
  86. You know what's interesting about Washington? It's the kind of place where second-guessing has become second nature.
  87. America has never been an empire. We may be the only great power in history that had the chance, and refused – preferring greatness to power and justice to glory.
  88. …The God I know is one that promotes peace and freedom. But I get great sustenance from my personal relationship. That doesn't make me think I'm a better person than you are, by the way. Because one of the great admonitions in the Good Book is, don't try to take a speck out of your eye if I've got a log in my own
  89. I believe that God wants me to be president.
  90. I know that change is possible. I know where hope leads us. The only reason I'm standing here before you is because of hope. I know what's possible in America. When I talk about hope, it isn't just the rhetoric of a campaign; it's been the cause of my life, a cause I will work for and fight for every single day as your president.
  91. I think it is a worthy goal in America to have every child protected by law and welcomed in life. I also think we ought to continue to have good adoption law as an alternative to abortion.
  92. America has never been united by blood or birth or soil. We are bound by ideals that move us beyond our backgrounds, lift us above our interests and teach us what it means to be citizens.
  93. For too long, many nations, including my own, tolerated, even excused, oppression in the Middle East in the name of stability. Oppression became common, but stability never arrived. We must take a different approach. We must help the reformers of the Middle East as they work for freedom, and strive to build a community of peaceful, democratic nations.
  94. American foreign policy must be more than the management of crisis. It must have a great and guiding goal: to turn this time of American influence into generations of democratic peace.
  95. Americans are a free people, who know that freedom is the right of every person and the future of every nation. The liberty we prize is not America's gift to the world; it is God's gift to humanity.

Now, I'm not saying that Barack is like GWeeB or Hitler but I'm just saying.
I would like to point out in 2000 I called Bush leading us into a war (something about presidents from Texas) and that he was the AntiChrist so...just consider me a Erich Ludendorff

some of the sources:
http://www.salon.com/news/feature/1999/05/06/bush/print.html

http://www.beliefnet.com/story/149/story_14930_1.html
http://www.issues2000.org/Social/Barack_Obama_Principles_+_Values.htm
http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Adolf_Hitler
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0009/23/se.02.html
http://archives.cnn.com/1999/ALLPOLITICS/stories/12/15/religion.register/
http://www.cnn.com/ALLPOLITICS/stories/1999/02/03/fin.transcripts/bush.html

oh and Barack hates old people…not really related but I’m trying to cut back on negativity in the new Year so I had to put that out there now in this dying polluted one.
Now, talk amongst yourselves.

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: