Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Material Lust: Things that are too cool/trendy for me*

*but I still want.
Shocking as it may seem to be, it is a little thin out there this week (of course I'm being a lazy tramp as well so there's probably a millon cool things right... around... that... corner,

  • "This stylish Christmas tree is made of plywood designed by Buro North, Australian graphic designer. According to the designer, this Christmas tree is 80% more environmentally friendly than a traditional spruce and you can use it year after year" Its fun for the whole family! until they realize that there's nothing actually underneath the cool eco friendly puzzle tree.
  • Really enjoy your Segway but feeling a bit "over it" now that the teeming masses have embraced it? Looking for a more vertical lift in your life? Felling a bit of a twat, bumming around the ground? Well have I (not me personally but this company does though) ahe the product for you. The Vertipod is a" flying machine [that] employs a gasoline or ethanol powered 440-cubic-centimeter engine to propel one brave along individual at speeds up to 40 miles per hour while hovering 15 feet off the ground, with a propeller, naturally, spinning perilously close to your feet. What's more, Air Buoyant's Pete Bitar says the contraption could even have consumer appeal, with a $10,000 kit planned that "can be assembled in a weekend." Now you know what to get for your friend who has everything. Well, that or maybe a conscience and awareness of the larger problems in the world. La di da...
  • Frolicking through Fashion land
    • Marimekko, a company I had never heard of until I saw this and recognized their style as being like my mom's in the 70s and thus retro comeback worthy, and H&M, which I do know and love, are collaborating on a collection to be available in April. That is really kind of exciting news-I can pull off that look soo well (if I say so myself.) Who knew the Finns could be so funky?
    • I'm not sure if this bag shaped like a Fender Stratocaster is the coolest thing or just incredibly cheesy. (and without a neck I wonder what sounds would come out of that thing). It is interesting though (I'd probably carry a recorder inside me, y'know, to throw people off.)
    • To be honest though, this item is probably more my speed. From Dutch designer Fab (short for Fabrick. Or not.) comes handmade, trendy laptop-bags in various shapes and colors. And "Fab" can add a few matching belts, purses and wallets to it. I didn't realize how much of a nerd I was (though this blog should have been my first indication as to the extent of my illness) until this moment when I recognized how truly excited I got over a bag for my laptop. Sad really.
    • Ok I take back some of my previous statement because this Patent Bean Clutch from JALDA is much much more exciting.
    • The Ballerina Pump by Nina Ricci
    • From Giuseppe Zanotti, Patent T-Strap Cage Stillettos
    • These aren't shoes but they are for the foot region so I'll allow it. Flip Flop Socks! which are a great idea but if it were to ever be cold enough where I'd need to wear socks with my flip flops*, I'd probably just find a real pair of shoes. (*it's never cold enough to wear flip flops)
    • From Doo. Ri comes a "Runway Jersey Dress with Organza Hem". Those really sultry gloves, unfortunately not included.
    • Leather Jacket by oli.
    • Class it up while clubbing with your own blinker the star; a FireJewel Necklace.
    • And finally, this absolutely stunning diamond necklace by irina blok though I think my personal fav has to be the lavishly beautiful diamond and oval aquamarine pendant set in 14k white gold. It is lavishly beautiful especially when all is said and done.

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: