Sunday, December 2, 2007

Midnight Movie Transmission

This is Leni Riefenstahl's infamous masterpiece of Nazi propaganda and film making, Triumph of The Will. I thought of it today because I guess someone mentioned a similar phrase and so I googled to make sure I knew where it was from, and voila (plus I really like that title and the Nietzschaen feel to it.) The film is rightfully controversial and the speeches and ideology behind those cheering white faces are vile, horrible and disgusting but... it is art in its way and incredibly well made. And now historical and famous.
From 1935 a film praising "the return of Germany as a great power, with Hitler as the True German" Triumph of The Will

If that is/was too hard to watch just remember that the good guys won in the end and that most everyone in the film is dead.

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: