Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Walt is Wise

one of my friends (thanks Mo) sent me this and...I really think I kinda needed it (though I'm not THAT much of a slacker!)



And here are some more words of wisdom welated by Walter White


You see, technically, chemistry is the study of matter, but I prefer to see it as the study of change: Electrons change their energy levels. Molecules change their bonds. Elements combine and change into compounds. But that's all of life, right? It's the constant, it's the cycle. It's solution, dissolution. Just over and over and over. It is growth, then decay, then transformation. It's fascinating really. It's a shame so many of us never take time to consider its implications....


Complacency is a luxury I cannot afford, one that too many people fail to question, preferring to sleepwalk through their daily routine without ever considering how they would change that day if it was their last one on earth. Yes, I may have taken it to the other extreme and that ís something I am having to deal with at the moment but it also means I get the view from both ends of the bridge. I'm sure there ís a happy medium somewhere in-between and I ask anyone reading this who gives a damn to look for it....


There is another side to this coin however: for the first time in a long, long while I am not sleepwalking through life, I am awake. That in itself is some kind of compensation. I'm not suggesting that everyone out there should fly off the handle and do something crazy but I am advising anyone reading this not to wait as long as I did before making a change.


it's kinda sad that some people need something as dramatic as the realization that you're dying to actually start living (and maybe even a little worse if they finally understand that through a viral marketing campaign for the new AMC show starring the actor who played Hal on Malcolm in the Middle) but whatever gets you through the night and keeps you going in the morning...

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: