Thursday, February 14, 2008

How F*cking Romantic- The Bitter Valentines Day MixTape

In case you didn’t realize it there are a mountain range worth of songs that mention love so I’ve rethought my valentine’s day playlist plan.

So here’s Part 3 of a Tri Part Journey (part 1 "What is Love" here and here is part 2) where it all falls apart


`Watch this, Lis. You can actually pinpoint the second when his heart rips in half"

  • The Magnetic Fields- How Fucking Romantic [download]
  • The Flaming Lips -Maybe I'm Not The One [download]
  • Kaiser Chiefs -Everyday I Love You Less And Less [download]
  • Mary Gauthier - Falling Out Of Love [download]
  • Led Zeppelin -Heartbreaker [download]
  • Travis - The Humpty Dumpty Love Song [download]
  • Elvis Presley -Heartbreak Hotel [download]
  • Jens Lekman -I'm Leaving You Because I Don't Love You [download]
  • Toni Braxton -Un-Break My Heart [download]
  • Fleetwood Mac -Go Your Own Way [download]
  • The Carter Family -I Never Will Marry [download]
  • Jimmy Scott -I'm Through With Love [download]

how fucking romantic
all the stars are out
twinkling twinkling twinkling
and fluttering about

what a tacky sunset
what a vulgar moon
play another charming
rogers and hart tune

how fucking romantic
must we really waltz?
drag another cliche
howling from the vaults

love you obviously
like you really care
even though you treat me
like a dancing bear

toss your bear a goldfish
as he cycles by
don't forget to feed your
bear or it'll die

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: