Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Cyrano Fernandez

or Cyrano comes to Caracas.

I came upon this image

with the caption "People watch a movie premiere at the densely populated hillside neighborhood of 'Barrio'San Miguel in Caracas, Venezuela, February 25, 2008. The movie Cyrano de Fernandez is a hard-bitten version of the classic French play Cyrano de Bergerac set in a gun-plagued Venezuelan neighborhood. Hundreds of residents of the San Miguel 'Barrio' crammed alleys and rooftops to see the national premiere of the film, projected in a local ball court."
so of course being interested and curious as to what they were watching I found the trailer, and... it looks pretty good and intense and stars The Asset from the Bourne Ultimatum, Edgar Ramirez as Cyrano
Cyrano Fernandez

I know how the story ends but I'd love to see the South American adaptation. It has always been one of my favorite plays

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: