Thursday, February 14, 2008

What is Love? A MixTape Answer

In case you didn’t realize it there are a mountain range worth of songs that mention love so I’ve rethought my valentine’s day playlist plan.

So here’s Part 1 which answers the immortal question What is Love?



It's a sleight of hand, a white soul band
The heart attacks I'm convinced I have
Every morning upon waking.
To you I'm a symbol or a monument
Your rite of passage to fulfillment
But I'm not yours for the taking

But you are what you love
And not what loves you back
So I guess that's why you keep calling me back

I'm fraudulent, a thief at best
A coward who paints a bullshit canvas
Things that will never happen to me
But at arms length, it's Tim who said
I'm good at it, I've mastered it
Avoiding, avoiding everything

But you are what you love, Tim
And not what loves you back
And I'm in love with illusions
So saw me in half
I'm in love with tricks
So pull another
rabbit out your hat

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: