Wednesday, February 13, 2008

This Price Was Right

Gary Coleman of strange money lending commercials,eternal d-list fame and I’m sure something before that got married to Shannon Price, a woman who is described as “twice his height and half his age”


Yes it is true.
They were married in August in Nevada but they’ve kept it under wraps

"Nobody was around but the minister, preacher, the videographers, the photographer, the helicopter pilot and us," Coleman, 40, said on Tuesday's broadcast of the program.

Coleman met Price on the set of the 2006 comedy "Church Ball." Price said it was she who proposed to Coleman, but that he surprised her on her birthday by whisking her to a mountaintop in the Valley of Fire State Park to exchange vows.

She said they kept their wedding secret because she wanted to keep being seen as her own person.

"I just want my own identity as well because I don't want to be known as Gary Coleman's wife," she said.

Coleman played down their age differences, saying "I don't have issues with age, I have issues with intelligence ... She's more intelligent than I am and that's what matters to me."

Price, who is 5-foot-7, and Coleman, who is 4-foot-8, also played down their height gap.

"That doesn't really matter to me," she said. "He was 10 feet tall to me because he was sweet and I really liked his personality."


Awww
But apparently everything is not perfect in elf and munchkin land
From Gawker
She makes her money selling things on eBay, including Coleman memorabilia. They got married after a helicopter ride through the Grand Canyon and "Inside Edition" did a whole big story. Sweet, right? Except they don't talk for days at a time, probably because Coleman is throwing things and his wife is having to call the police

Price and Coleman tell INSIDE EDITION the honeymoon stage of their marriage has waned with Price describing the relationship as “off and on.” “We may go a week and not speak to each other, but that’s because you’re thinking and mulling things over,” says Coleman.

Price explains, saying, “Yeah, I’ve locked myself in a room and stayed there because I’m like, ‘You know what? I don’t even want to fight over this, its ridiculous.” Price admits on several occasions the fights have gone beyond yelling. “He lets his anger conquer him sometimes, I don’t like the violence, I really don’t…He throws things around, and sometimes he throws it in my direction…He’s got to damage something before his anger stops.”

Coleman explains to INSIDE EDITION why he threw a printer on the morning of his interview with the television show. “I threw the printer because my agent wanted to send me a fax, and it wouldn’t fax, and she (Price) was upset at me over something that I had done. And I just took that printer and said, ‘You know what, you just need to die.’”

According to Price, she has had to call the police on several occasions. “He actually got a disorderly conduct ticket one time because we had gotten into an argument, just a minor argument in Provo. The guy gave him a ticket and he freaked out and he was on six months probation…He had to go take an anger-management class


I’m confused though- when he said saving himself did he mean he was waiting for the right person to get married to or was Gary actually a 40 year old virgin? Because that would be the worst of indignity for a former child star

Oh Gary. Don’t blow this she seems to actually love you and if it really took you this long to find someone love the one you’re with and try yoga because..love is patient love is kind and you're not that much of a prize. And this is just a fantasy

Plus having someone to come home to has to be better than doing this

There’ve been stranger couples…probably. Just goes to show that there’s someone for everyone and true love is blind…and perhaps [understanding of your] standing on a few phonebooks

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: