Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Manipulating balls

A bit of ping pong ball manipulation

This was amazing and all and took way more time work and forethought than I could put into it (2000 pictures and 500 balls!) or even really imagine and whoever did it well she did an amazing job but my favorite part of it all and what really caught my attention at first was the music. The song is Popcorn by Hot Butter and if that isn’t the best band/song title combo ever, well I don’t know what is. I couldn’t believe it came out in 1972-apparently it was "the first primarily electronic-based piece of music to reach the American popular music charts".
(and maybe I wasn’t blown away just because it is so well done it’s like perfect and so seems too professional and thus not endearing, if that made a lick of sense)

On second viewing though I realize that that is just simply amazing. And just incredibly creative- it's not just that I could never do that, it's that I never would think to.
Well done Ms. Foroponova, I’m glad to see there are girls out there with too much time on their hands as well
And that popping melody isn’t leaving my head anytime soon…
Hot Butter-Popcorn [download]

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: