Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Hillary is the new John Kerry

from Top of the Ticket

In an amazing coincidence just days before another crucial Democratic primary, Sen. Hillary Clinton, campaigning in Wisconsin -- where thousands build their annual vacations around deer-hunting season -- has let it slip that she went hunting once.

"I know you don't believe it," she told an enthusiastic audience at Kenosha's Brat Stop over the weekend, "but it's actually true. My father taught me to shoot 100 years ago."

According to The Times' Nicholas Riccardi, who was there, she then launched into an explanation of how school shootings can be stopped without infringing on gun owners' rights. She declined to elaborate on her hunting career later except to say that she had nailed a duck.

But anyway here's a photo of another Clinton holding a dead duck like the one his wife recalls shooting down.

But then today, on the eve of voting in the Badger State, the New York senator remembered more details about hunting once in Arkansas with male colleagues and standing in chilly water early one morning.

"They said, 'We won't shoot. You shoot,' " Clinton told reporters. "They wanted to embarrass me. So, OK, the pressure was on. So I shot, and I shot a banded duck. And I was as surprised as they were."

and of course that story reminded me of John Kerry's infamous hunting trip in Ohio of 2004, though I do believe Hillary's was more genuine- I mean she did live in Arkansas, a state where, if Mike Huckabee is to be believed, fried squirrel is good eating.


But i wasn't interested in all that originally- the only reason I actually cared about the article was the title:
"Hillary Shot a Duck Once"
brilliant.
Welcome to the Presidency, Mr. Obama.

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: